Friday, June 4, 2010

Listening to the Mother

In my latest endeavor (see Gypsie Nation), I became keenly aware of the connection that can take place between humans and spirits, in particular during dance rituals-a phenomenon well understood by shamanic cultures the world over. In my newest endeavor (see Nodilus Project), I am becoming increasingly curious about how the Earth fuels our creativity.

There is a cricket who nests in my wood pile just outside of my window. The little fellow must be affected by how dry it is right now in New Mexico in the months prior to our monsoon season. When he sings, what is his song telling my every cell? The beautiful fifty year-old apricot tree in my back yard, what was it feeling when hit by our last snow storm while in full bloom?

Every creature evolves to adapt to its surrounding or it perishes. How do we adapt as humans beside learning how to breathe polluted air, eat depleted food and cope with radiation and microwaves? How is our imagination/creativity stimulated by the increasing threat to life all around us? How do we listen and trust the biggest source of creativity-the Earth, to fuel our endeavors?

Man has certainly been creating magnificent things in the world. However, greed and control have now created a situation that is threatening the lives of many creatures on Earth.

People talk about collective intelligence and believe that the answer to many of our world problems can only be solved by harnessing that collective intelligence, as in linking a multitude of personal computers to create a super computer, capable of calculations way beyond the scope of the fastest individual human processor.

Is that collective intelligence they talk about just in the human realm? Or does every creature, plant, mineral, benevolent spirit and alien, part of the intelligence we must tap into in order to create the things that will restore our biosphere, and bring an era of peace and collaboration on Earth?

I am curious about, and often puzzled by some of the creative impulses I perceive. How do I trust them and respond appropriately?

How do I listen to the Mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment